International and north2north Exchange
International Exchange programs are bi-lateral agreements between UAF and a university abroad, in which we exchange a certain number of students for a certain number of semesters.
UAF has partner universities all over the globe: we currently offer exchanges to 19 universities in 11 countries! Start your search now!
north2north Exchange students have the opportunity to focus on issues relevant to the North and to northern populations! north2north is the mobility program of the University of the Arctic, an international network of circumpolar institutions. There are specific scholarships available for north2north programs, and you can receive up to $2,500 a semester for your study away program!
You can choose from 64 universities in nine countries! Start your search now!
Fee Structure for International and north2north Exchanges
As an exchange student, you pay the following to UAF:
- $50 application fee
- 15 credits of undergraduate UAF tuition (or 9 credits of graduate UAF tuition) at your regular rate (in-state, out-of-state, or WUE)
- You pay this flat rate regardless of how many credits you take overseas
- UAF technology fee
- 4%-of-tuition network fee
- $500 processing fee each semester you are away
- ISIC Explorer (about $199 for 12 months, from date of purchase)
- Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk, Study Abroad Accident & Sickness Insurance: Gold Plan (about $51 per month)
All other semester expenses are paid to the host institution or in the host country. These may include room and board, mandatory school fees (including textbook charges and course or materials fees), commuting expenses, and internet access. These semester fees vary according to host country and city, current exchange rates, and personal spending habits.
You are responsible for travel expenses to and from your host country.