Skip to content

Extension for Study

Please note that summer extensions are on a study abroad basis, which means you will be responsible for all tuition, including non-resident tuition. UAF may or may not have ability to offer you a tuition waiver for the fall/spring semesters, so please check with UAF Study Away to see what might be available. Students are welcome to extend as fee-paying students if a tuition waiver is not available.

If you wish to extend through the summer or the following Fall semester, what we need from you is:
  1. List of courses you wish to take, plus some backups
  2. Written nomination from your home university.
  3. Proof of Financial Support
  4. Proof of insurance coverage

Deadlines to notify of intent to extend:

Summer extension: March 1 (paperwork due April 1)
Fall extension: March 1 (paperwork due April 1)
Spring extension: October 1 (paperwork due November 1)

Contact us for details on extension for study.