We are glad that you are interested in studying at UAF for one or more semesters! On this page, you will find more information about how to apply to study at UAF as a visiting student. How you apply depends on which university you are coming from:National Student Exchange students:
- You must apply with your home campus NSE office. Your home office will request a placement at UAF.
- You will receive an e-mail from our office after your university has submitted your signed Placement Acceptance Form with instructions for how to be admitted.
- Students from partner universities:
- You will need to be nominated by your home university International Office coordinator. Once we receive your nomination, we will email you our application materials.
- Not sure if your university is an exchange partner? See the list of north2north schools: click here. Our current list of bilateral partnerships where we are accepting students from can be found HERE.
- Students from non-partner universities:
- Please contact our office directly to let us know you would like to study with us!
Application Requirements (all items must be in English):
- Completion of an Online Application (all applicants)
- Placement Acceptance Form (NSE) or Nomination Form (international applicants)
- Financial Statement 2019-2020 (international applicants only)
- Documentation of Finances (international applicants only)
- Official Transcript (all applicants)
- Passport information page (international applicants only)
- English Proficiency confirmation (international applicants from non-English speaking countries/universities)
International Student from non-partner universities - additional application requirements:
We are also able to admit international students who do not attend a partner university. If you would like to apply as a study abroad student, you will have a few additional items as part of your application process:
- a letter from your International Office (preferred), department, or faculty letting our office know they are aware of your intent to study at UAF and verifying that courses you take while at UAF will transfer back to your home university and be used towards your degree program
- If your native language is not English, TOEFL scores meeting minimum requirements: score of 79 (internet-based), 213 (computer exam) or 550 (paper exam). OR The minimum required IELTS score is 6.5.
- have at least 51% of your funding be from a source other than personal or family funding (loans count as personal funding), such as a government grant or scholarship
If you believe you will be able to meet these additional requirements, please email our office directly for the application materials that you will need.
Fall: 1 April
Spring: 1 September
Spring: 1 September
National Student Exchange (including Canadian NSE students):
Check with your home NSE Coordinator
Are you an international student that has already been admitted to UAF? Check out the International Student Handbook!